Having trouble creating a snapshot that works
So, I have a working system on a droplet on New York-1, and I want to create snapshot of it so I can bring up other systems. The steps I do:
- Shut the machine down at the command line (sudo shutdown -h now) (This is ubuntu).
- Wait for a bit for the machine to fully shut down.
- Click on the "create snapshot" button in the Snapshots screen in the Web GUI
- Wait for it to complete
- Click on the globe in the Snapshots screen, and transfer the snapshot to NY-3 (NY-1, where the original machine is, is full).
- Wait for that to complete
- Launch a new droplet from the Droplet screen based on the snapshot, using the same type of droplet as the original machine.
The droplet does not come up, and the console access shows what looks to me like the remains of a kernel panic. The machine does not respond to pings nor (unsurprisingly) to ssh attempts. Note that the original system the snapshot was built off of still boots just fine.
What am I missing, and what other things can I look at to see what has gone wrong?
Thanks in advance.