Help access droplet IP from browser, configuring Rails in CentOS.
Hi, sorry if this question seems TOO basic. My knowledge is very little about servers and environments, I come from frontend area.
I'm trying to learn how to configure Rails + Unicorn + Nginx in CentOS. I'm following this tutorial
The first thing I did was to create an empty droplet with CentOS, latest version. Following the tutorial, those are the steps I've done:
- yum -y update
- yum groupinstall -y 'development tools'
- sudo su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm' (it showed me this log: file /etc/rpm/macros.ghc-srpm from install of epel-release-6-8.noarch conflicts with file from package redhat-rpm-config-9.1.0-63.el7.centos.noarch)
- yum install -y curl-devel nano sqlite-devel libyaml-devel
- Followed these tutorials to install ruby and nodejs.
- gem install bundler rails
- yum install -y nginx
- gem install unicorn
- Created rails app with scaffold content.
- RAILS_ENV=development rake db:migrate
- RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate
- mkdir pids (inside Rails app, is it correct?)
Finally I ran the application with "rails s". After that, according the tutorial in "Creating A Sample Application" says that I should be able to see the application in the browser from http://[your droplet's IP]:3000/tasks. But I can not, Firefox shows me this message: "Unable to connect - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xxxxx"
What am I doing wrong? What I need to do?