Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to connect remotely to mysql running inside a digitalocean droplet
I have a mysql instance running inside a digitalocean droplet. Originally, we also had a laravel application running inside that droplet with the mysql instance but now we want to move our application to kubernetes.
The application has been deployed to kubernetes and we are trying to connect the laravel application to the MySQL instance inside that droplet for the purpose of testing but we keep getting the error:
Host '184.108.40.206' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
That is not IP address I specified as the host, and it is not the IP address of my kubernetes loadbalancer either.
These are the steps I took to enable remote access to the database:
- set bind address for MySQL to 0.0.0.0
- CREATE USER ‘someuser’@'localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY 'password’;
- GRANT ALL ON databasename.* TO remoteuser@'ipaddressofk8s_lb’ IDENTIFIED BY 'password’;
- sudo ufw allow from ipaddressofk8slb to any port 3306
Please what could I be missing?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×