Release notes track incremental improvements and major releases for the DigitalOcean Cloud Platform.
1vCPU Optimized Droplet launched.
Spaces users no longer need to cancel their Spaces subscription via the Spaces UI when they want to stop using Spaces. Now, any time a Spaces user destroys their last Space, their pro-rated $5/month billing (if not in the free trial period) stops. Overage charges still apply if they were incurred prior to deletion of the last Space.
- Released the MEAN One-Click on Ubuntu 16.04, configured to install using
- Launched the new Dashboard experience to the Control Panel. The Dashboard replaces the Droplets page as the new default home page of the Control Panel. It provides “at-a-glance” visibility into active resources, like Droplets, Spaces, Load Balancers, Floating IPs, and Domains, month-to-date current billing usage, shortcuts to team management, and other common tasks without having to navigate to different, often hard-to-find, sections of the Control Panel.
- Improved notifications of when credits will be applied to an account.
- Resolved an issue where some Spaces customers were being rate limited even though they were well below the rate limiting threshold.
- Number of days left in your 60 day Spaces free trial is now shown on trial opt-in page and on details modal.
- Added improvements to reduce timeouts on the Spaces API.
- Block storage cluster in Bangalore and London upgraded to Ceph Luminous, reducing median cluster latency by 50%
- Deletion of a Space via the Cloud UI is disallowed if there are 100,000 or more objects in the Space. Once the Space has less than 100,000 objects within, it can be deleted by the Cloud UI.
- Spaces now support:
- version 4 of pre-signed URLs, allowing for easier use of 3rd party S3 compatible libraries.
- scheduled deletion of objects via bucket lifecycle methods in the Spaces API.
- previews of image, audio, and video files that are moused over in the Control Panel file browser.
- Spaces are now available in the Singapore (SGP1) region.
- Static Site Hosting and Custom Domains for Spaces have been released in Private Beta. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
- DigitalOcean upgrades Memory, SSD and vCPU across all Standard, Flexible and Optimized Droplet Plans.
- With the release in AMS3, we now have Block storage volumes in all regions.