To follow along, you will need a DigitalOcean account. If you don’t already have one, you can register on the sign up page.
Create a Project
- From the control panel’s main navigation, click + New Project.
- Enter the name, description, and purpose of the project.
- Click Create Project.
- You can move existing resources into your project during its creation by clicking Move Resources. Alternatively, you can Skip for now. Either choice will finalize the creation of your project.
Add Newly-Created Resources to a Project
Newly-created resources will be automatically added to the project you’re in. When you have multiple projects you can select other projects to create the resource in.
Move Existing Resources Between Projects
Moving a resource removes it from its original project and adds it to a different project.
To move existing resources in bulk:
- From inside the target project, click the Move Resources button.
- Start typing to find and select the resources you want to move.
- Click Move to [Project Name].
To move resources individually from one project into another:
- From inside the project where the resources currently are, click the … to open the resource’s individual menu.
- Click Move to… to open the Select project menu.
- Choose the new project from the dropdown.
- Click the Move to [Project Name] button.
Project-based resources must belong to a project. To remove a resource from its current project, you can either destroy the resource or move the resource to a different project.
Change the Default Project
The default project will appear at the top of the Projects list. To set a project as default:
- Select the project from the navigation menu.
- Click its Settings tab.
- Check the box next to This is my default project.
- Click Save.
Once you navigate away or reload the page, the project will appear at the top of the list.
Delete a Project
You can only delete projects that have no resources and are not the default project, so to delete a project:
- Move all resources out of the project.
- Make sure the project is not the default project.
- Visit the project’s Settings tab.
- Click Delete Project.
- When prompted, click Confirm Delete.