DigitalOcean Opens New Data Center in Germany
- DigitalOcean is the world's fastest growing cloud infrastructure provider for developers
- Continued expansion throughout the EU with third European location
April 15, 2015 – New York, NY – DigitalOcean, the world's fastest growing cloud infrastructure provider for developers, today announced it is expanding its European presence with a new facility in Frankfurt am Main (FRA1). This new data center, created to meet the growing demands of Germany's rapidly growing technology and information sector, marks DigitalOcean's rapid worldwide growth.
"We're here to give our full support to developers throughout the world by offering a simple, ideal cloud solution and infrastructure experience for hosting applications," said DigitalOcean Co-Founder and CEO Ben Uretsky. "Innovative companies in Germany deserve the best tools possible in order to continue to grow and succeed."
- Rapidly expanded worldwide presence – With this new data center, the company will have its third datacenter in Europe and its 10th data center worldwide.
- Consistent growth – DigitalOcean's recently launched its 4 millionth cloud server and nearly half a million developers have deployed a server on their platform.
- Currently the third largest hosting provider – According to Netcraft, the company is projected to surpass OVH in Q2 of this year for the No. 2 spot.
DigitalOcean already has a substantial presence in Europe with data centers in Amsterdam and London. The decision to open a German data center will have a positive impact on developers throughout the immediate region. Due to government regulations, it's often difficult for data to be moved outside of Germany and developers there will experience much lower latency.
"By having a local data center, we can now play a much bigger role supporting the startup ecosystem in Germany," said DigitalOcean Co-Founder and CMO Mitch Wainer. "Developers can expect to see DigitalOcean sponsoring events, hosting meetups, and giving talks in German cities in the near future."
Founded in 2012, DigitalOcean provides the easiest cloud platform to deploy, manage, and scale applications of any size, removing infrastructure friction and providing predictability so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that customers love. DigitalOcean is approaching $200 million in run rate and has a community of 3.5 million developers with 12 data centers across the globe. In addition to its headquarters in New York, DigitalOcean has an office in Cambridge, Mass. and remote employees around the world. For more information, simply visit https://www.digitalocean.com or follow @digitalocean on Twitter.