Do you charge for bandwidth?
Yes. Plans start with 1TB per month and increase incrementally. Once the monthly transfer limit has been exceeded, the cost of bandwidth is $0.02 per GB over the limit.
Do you offer managed hosting?
No. DigitalOcean is completely unmanaged — if you experience issues with your server, you can reach out to our support team via a ticket. However, for server setup questions and specific details on debugging server software, we recommend reaching out on our community forum.
What is your SLA?
DigitalOcean provides a 99.99% Uptime SLA for both Droplet and Block Storage. Lost time is refunded back to your account at the hourly rate incurred.
Where are your datacenters located?
We have three datacenters located in the NYC area (located in the Equinix and Telx datacenters), San Francisco (Telx), Singapore (Equinix), London (Equinix), three in Amsterdam (TelecityGroup), Frankfurt (Interxion), and Toronto (TR2 Equinix). We have multiple private peering uplink providers including Level3, NTT, nLayer, Tinet, TATA, and Telia. We are directly peered to hundreds of other providers on public exchange points.
Are your datacenters compliant and certified by international standards?
All of our datacenters are audited and certified by various internationally-recognized compliance standards. Many of the reports listed below are available if a signed NDA is in place between DigitalOcean and our customer. To request an NDA, or if an NDA is already in place and you would like to obtain a report or certificate please click here.
- Our NYC1 facility is SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, and ISO 27001 certified.
- Our NYC2 facility is SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3, and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our NYC3 facility is SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3, and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our LON1 facility is SOC 1 Type II, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our AMS2 facility is SOC 1 Type II, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our AMS3 facility is SOC 1 Type II and ISO 27001 certified.
- Our SFO1 facility is SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3, and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our SFO2 facility is SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 certified.
- Our SGP1 facility is SOC 1 Type II and ISO 27001 certified.
- Our FRA1 facility is ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS certified.
- Our TOR1 facility is SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, and ISO 27001 certified.
- Our BLR1 facility is ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS certified.
Do you have a speed test?
Below are links to speed tests of all our datacenter networks:
What is your policy on TOR?
You will be responsible for the sub-users that connect to your TOR service. If there is abuse that is a result of your sub-users, we do not have a way to tell the difference, so it will be as if your account was abusive. This will get flagged by our backend and lead to your account being suspended and virtual servers destroyed.
We do not recommend running open services where any user can connect and possibly be abusive, as it will all fall under your account and can lead to service interruptions for you.
We also do not restrict the installation of software, but you are responsible for how it is used and how freely available you make the service.
Do you allow TOR exit nodes?
Although we do not specifically disallow TOR exit nodes, as the account holder you are responsible for all the traffic going through your Droplet (including traffic that an exit node may generate). All violations of our Terms of Service must be addressed as soon as possible after any issue is emailed to you.
Also be aware that we do not allow some of the traffic types that come out of a typical TOR exit node (torrents, spam, ssh probes, hacking attempts, botnets, ddos, etc).
If you are unable to stop this sort of traffic, please reconsider running a TOR exit node as it may lead to your account suspension or termination.