Pricing & Billing - Tax Help India
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- The Government of India has implemented the Goods and Services Tax ("GST"), effective July 1, 2017.
- Under the new legislation, the existing service tax of 15% shall be replaced by a GST rate of 18%. The new rates will reflect in your July invoice that you will receive on August 1, 2017.
- If your business has a GSTIN number, you can enter it into the "GST Identification Number" field on the Billing Settings page.
- Previously, customers from Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) were exempt from paying Service Tax. However, customers from the state of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) will come under the ambit of GST.
- In our invoice, we currently include a service tax number for applicable customers. For invoices generated on the first of August and beyond, "Service Tax Number" will be replaced with "GST Number".
- While we will not charge the tax for those who enter their GSTIN, please note that the responsibility of paying the GST lies with those customers.
- What if my business operates in more than one state and thus has more than one GST Identification Number?
You would enter the GSTIN corresponding to your primary place of business, i.e. the GSTIN corresponding to the state where your registered office is situated.