Pain-Free Quarterly Planning for Product & Engineering Teams
About the Talk
Quarterly planning shouldn’t be like a visit to the dentist! Learn from the DigitalOcean Marketplace team about how they’re able to align and excite the team around goal setting with an easy-to-follow process they’ll teach you, live.
What You’ll Learn
- Tools you need to engage and align your entire team in your quarterly goal-setting and planning process, instead of it just being a “managers” or “product” thing.
- Specific steps that take you from brainstorming to decision making and final goal selection, in less than two weeks.
This Talk is Designed For
- Product managers
- Engineering managers
- Anyone leading the product function, especially startup founders
- Setting your vision using a vision-based framework
- Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt
- Miro, a whiteboarding tool
- Project Poster Template and Examples, via Atlassian Team Playbook
- Roles and Responsibilities “Play”, via Atlassian Team Playbook
- Atlassian Team Playbook
About the Presenters
Antonio Rosales (@a_webtone) and John Gannon (@johnmgannon) have worked together on the DigitalOcean Marketplace as an Engineering Manager/Product Manager tandem from inception through its scale-up beyond 150+ open source and commercial apps.