Yes! Starting May 16th, 2018, new users can sign up with DigitalOcean using their Google account rather than using an email and password provided to DigitalOcean. Existing users can link their account with Google from their DigitalOcean control panel, and sign-in using their Google credentials.
For New Users
Using a Google account will simplify the sign-up process, removing the need for an email verification step. When you click the Sign Up With Google button, you will be prompted to select the Google account for which you’d like to authorize for your DigitalOcean login. We will only collect and capture your email address, first name, and last name. We don’t collect any other information from your Google account.
Once you have signed up using your Google account, you can deauthorize DigitalOcean from your Google security dashboard. If you deauthorize DigitalOcean, you will be prompted to re-authorize the next time you attempt to login with your Google account.
For Existing Users
If you’ve previously registered with DigitalOcean you can link your account with Google in your account settings.
- In your Account Settings > Security page, click Use Google SSO.
- Follow the prompts from Google to authorize your account, and you’ll then be returned to your DigitalOcean account settings.
- On next sign in, you can use the ‘Login with Google’ function.
You can de-link your Google account from DigitalOcean, which will require you to login with the email and password you’ve set previously (or reset).
- In your Account Settings > Security page, click Remove Google SSO.
- On your next login, you’ll enter the email and password for your account instead of using the Login with Google function.
- If you’ve never set a password because you signed up with Google, or don’t remember your password, follow the ‘Forgot Password’ steps on your next login.