Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Cannot access Kubernetes Cluster after deleting Load Balancer having custom Ingress
I’ve recently created a managed Kubernetes cluster, deployed several services with a custom ingress, and I could access correctly the app at the IP provided by the ingress service.
Then I found out a load balancer was created automatically by DigitalOcean, and thinking I already had the ingress I didn’t need it so I deleted it. Now the app is no longer accessible.
I don’t really understand the connection between the cluster and the load balancer.
- Should a managed cluster always have a DigitalOcean load balancer?
- I see the cost of a managed cluster starts at 10/month. Is the cost of the load balancer included?
Thanks in advance.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×