Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Does removing public SSH key protect my website?
Hi, I had worked with a developer, granting him public SSH key to my droplet.
- Now that our work is completed, with me removing the SSH key, does this mean that he could no longer access any of my website data and database through the droplet?
- I also found that I do not know ‘root password’ and so I request for a reset of that (with Digital Ocean notifying me that the reset link or something has been emailed to me) - do I have to worry if anyone (like my developer) could break into my website?
*noob question I know, as I’m a non developer/non technical person. Thanks in advanced
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×