Tips for Contributing to Open Source With GitHub
About the Talk
A rundown of some of GitHub Developer Advocate Brian Douglas’ favorite tips to make your life easier as an open source project maintainer and future contributor. After watching this talk, you’ll be able to automate common tasks so that you can focus on the parts of any project that you want to prioritize.
What You’ll Learn
- Best things to look for when contributing to open source projects.
- Ways to make your project approachable for contributors.
- How to automate your contributor experience.
This Talk is Designed For
- Prospective open source contributors
- Current open source maintainers
- opensauced.pizza, a project to identify your next open source contribution
- Video: Finding your next open source contribution with Open Sauced
- Open Source Contributor Summit, October 15–16
About the Presenter
Brian Douglas is a Developer Advocate at GitHub where he works on increasing the use of GitHub’s platform-specific features through technical content. (Ask him about GitHub Actions!) Brian has a passion for open source and loves mentoring new contributors.