Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Docker in a Digital Agency
Im after a little advice.
I currently work for a digital agency and we are looking to improve our current workflow and move in-line with more modern practises. With this in mind we have identified that docker could be a way forward for us, unfortunately I don’t necessarily understand as to whether what I want to do is possible.
In short, we have a large number of website development clients based across a variety of CMS’s and platforms, Wordpress, Magento, Bespoke PHP, Symfony etc. In short I guess Im asking what is the best way to approach this setup?
- Would it be to utilise docker-compose file for each individual project?
- Would it be to setup a core container that mimmicks our live server setup and setup X sites on this container i.e have domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com setup all running from the same DB instance on the container
- Forget docker and utilise something else?
To clarify, as of yet we aren’t looking for the deployment side of docker, just more of a local development environment that is both quick, reliable and flexible.
Any help you can provide would be great, unfortunately the documentation just seems to confuse and the information out on the general domain doesn’t really clarify my initial questions.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×