Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to make MariaDB service work after upgrade? Been using debian/testing and after upgrade service won't start
systemd: mariadb.service: Failed at step NONEWPRIVILEGES spawning /usr/sbin/mysqld: Invalid argument
– Subject: Process /usr/sbin/mysqld could not be executed
– Defined-By: systemd
– The process /usr/sbin/mysqld could not be executed and failed.
– The error number returned by this process is 22.
systemd: mariadb.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=227/NONEWPRIVILEGES
systemd: Failed to start MariaDB database server.
I have detailed my work upto now on http://serverfault.com/questions/831503/why-wont-mariadb-start-after-upgrade-no-new-privileges
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×