I want to bring my Wordpress blog to DO, but i want it to be the safest and fastest possible, so i will not have problems for a long time (i have high daily traffic, almost 50k per day)
Here's what i intend to do:
1. Install Ubuntu 12.04 following this link https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/initial-server-setup-with-ubuntu-12-04
2. Deploy a Firewall https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-setup-a-firewall-with-ufw-on-an-ubuntu-and-debian-cloud-server
3. Install Fail2Ban https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-protect-ssh-with-fail2ban-on-ubuntu-12-04
4. SSH keys then? https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-create-ssh-keys-with-putty-to-connect-to-a-vps
5. Install a Swap https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-add-swap-on-ubuntu-12-04
6. Install NGINX, MySQL and PHP https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-linux-nginx-mysql-php-lemp-stack-on-ubuntu-12-04
7. Then Memcache https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-and-use-memcache-on-ubuntu-12-04 (they said Wordpress need to "support" memcache and that there is a plugin for that, is that right? http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ffpc/
8. FastCGI https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-setup-fastcgi-caching-with-nginx-on-your-vps
9. APC (Alternative PHP Cache) https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-alternative-php-cache-apc-on-a-cloud-server-running-ubuntu-12-04
10. Migrate Wordpress (this link shows it using Apache, but i think it will do for me too as i will use Nginx) https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-migrate-wordpress-from-shared-hosting-to-a-cloud-server-with-zero-downtime
11. Then install Varnish https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-wordpress-nginx-php-and-varnish-on-ubuntu-12-04
12. Last, SFTP https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-use-filezilla-to-transfer-and-manage-files-securely-on-your-vps
So guys, is this proccess cool?? Will you change anything? Is that steps order alright?
Thank you so much!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.