Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
MySQL root deleted or lost password?
I lost my root privileges on localhost/phpmyadmin and I don’t know if I accidentally deleted root or if I lost my root password… :
- When I type “root” with no password on config.inc.php, I can access to localhost/phpmyadmin but I can’t see my databases nor my privileges. I have nothing.
- When I type “root” with some possible passwords, they all fail. I tried every logins and passwords possibilties, I always get the #1045 error (password: “YES”)
*- *In my console server (ubuntu via PuTTY), I can type mysql -u root -p and access to MySQL with a password…
Can someone please help me? Thank you!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×