Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
OpenVPN server setup with SolidWorks
This will be a networking related issue and am looking to seek some advice as to how I should approach a situation where a client needs to connect to a server in order to access a network license.
Here is what I have done so far:
- I’ve set up an Ubuntu 16.04 installation on a DigitalOcean VPS and configured a VPN using OpenVPN.
- I’ve got the client on a Windows machine VPN’d into the server using the OpenVPN GUI so the client is able to ping the server just fine.
Now my situation is that the network license software (SolidWorks) is not actually installed on the Ubuntu server but is instead installed on a Windows machine as the software does not have any compatible versions with Ubuntu.
So then due to my lack of expertise in this field, my thinking was if I get this machine to be connected/VPN’d to the server then would this give the client visibility of the network licensing software since they would then all be on the same network?
What would be the ideal approach in a situation like this?
Any help would be much appreciated,