Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Other domain name pointing to my droplet IP address
I found that a domain name (Domain A) is pointing to my droplet’s IP address. I only have one website hosted on the droplet.
- Visitors to my website will load the same content via Domain A, instead of my domain.
- Visit Domain A will load the full content of my website.
Currently, I am using .htaccess rewrite rule to redirect visitors to my domain. (https://nixtree.com/blog/how-to-stop-other-domain-name-point-to-your-ip/)
What else can we do about it? Why are they want to point domain name to other site?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×