Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Problems In Creating Branded Nameservers
Hey I just installed cPanel on this server and my vanity nameservers are not working.
This is what my DO domain zone looks like:-
delhideveloper.com. IN SOA ns1.digitalocean.com. hostmaster.delhideveloper.com. 1478584264 10800 3600 604800 1800
delhideveloper.com. 1800 IN NS ns1.delhideveloper.com.
delhideveloper.com. 1800 IN NS ns2.delhideveloper.com.
delhideveloper.com. 1800 IN A 220.127.116.11
In cpanel I have:-
- Created 2 NS records for ns1.delhideveloper.com & ns12delhideveloper.com.
- Created 2 A records for the same with servers IP address.
In my godaddy domain management I have:-
- Created 2 glue records for both nameservers with the servers ip address.
- Added the nameserver ns1.delhideveloper.com & ns2.delhideveloper.com as the name servers of the domain delhideveloper.com.
Its been 2 days DNS propagation is not complete. I am very sure that I am doin something very wrong. But what is it???
This is the exact tutorial that I tried to follow:-
But was not successful. I wanted to actually create Branded Nameservers (Not Vanity) as I want to be a local hosting reseller. I am unable to decide which DNS zone to change in which step (The Droplets DNS Zone or the cPanel DNS Zone). I want most of the DNS records to e handled by cPanel no the DO Zone Editor.
Can you tell me exactly where am I going wrong.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×