Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Removing old comments
Hello, a little while ago I wrote a comment that was way off topic. I have severe ADHD and upon returning to this article for help reinstalling my server, I realized the major error in my comment. It was prudent that I revised the comment, or removed it and created a new one. However I had no ability to do this. I understand why this policy is in place, but also in this case it hindered the progress of information. The only solution to remove the comment I could think of was to use the “submit a bug” form to contact the site developers directly. However I am writing this to increase the likelihood of affecting change.
(1) Add a button to request the deletion of a comment a user has created. However this will cause more work for the administrators.
(2) Allow users to delete their old comments at their discretion, but also keep the inability to edit comments after an amount of time.
~Austin “lionheart” Gatling
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×