Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
after ghost install: can access via ip address
My one click install went well. I’m able to ssh into the site, but I can’t access the site via IP.
The directions say
As soon as you’re done, make sure to configure the admin user using the administrative interface at http://use_your_droplet_ip/ghost (making sure to substitute the Droplet’s IP address in the URL). Until you configure the admin user, anyone who discovers the site can configure the administrative user, take control of the Ghost site, and potentially take control of the Droplet.
I have taken these steps:
- Updated my A records from the place I bought the domain.
- Destroyed droplet and tried again
- Tried to turn off security in my browser
- Searched tutorials and read questions here
I’m stuck. How do I access http://use_your_droplet_ip/ghost?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×