Pushing a snapshot of a droplet into another droplet
Hi There! I was wondering thoughts on doing the following for a staging site to live site workflow through DO:
-Creating a snapshot of the live site (site)
- Creating a droplet from this snapshot (staging.site)
- testing changes on this new droplet
- making these changes live by either doing them on the live site, or somehow pushing them live in DO
A few questions in regards to this:
- can you merge a snapshot into a droplet?
- If I have a droplet live for less then a day do I still get charge the monthly fee?
- Is there a preferred workflow for doing something like this?
My goal is to build a Workflow where my staging server can push to live site in as seamless of a way possible.
Thanks so much!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×