Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
The e-mailed root password is wrong?
I just started my first Droplet, and can’t get access to it. I was e-mailed a root password. I tried:
- Using this password to login using my own SSH client.
- Using this password to login on the console on the website.
- Resetting the password and using the new one in both of the above cases. Nothing has worked. Both passwords failed to log me in, with access denied. The only thing I can think here is you’re sending the wrong passwords. Could someone look into this? I’m going to try the SSH key instead now, but this is rather annoying.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×