Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Upgrade my Server to 64-bit
My question is related to the below answer from DigO:
I also wish to upgrade my 32-bit server to 64-bit. By “delete server” do you mean ‘destroy droplet’? Will 'destroy droplet’ also destroy my snapshots? Could I also use the 'rebuild droplet’ choosing Ubuntu 14.04.3 x64 and 'rebuild from image’?
1) create snapshot
2) delete server to release IP and confirm deletion
3) create new server of the desired size in the same datacentre. in the “select images” section switch to “my images” and select your snapshot.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
if I create new server of the desired size in the same datacentre. (but now 64bit) in the “select images” section switch to “my images” and select snapshot. it possible to new 64bit from 32old snapshoot?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×