When I first created the mail server everything worked fine and mail landed in the inboxes of Gmail accounts.
Now all of the sudden it keeps landing in Spam boxes. I even added SPF records and an Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. I found myself blacklisted while only 30 mails have been send as test to myself. I was blacklisted by ivmSIP/24. After requesting removal yesterday, this morning I confirmed they removed me from their blacklist.
What is going and how do I trouble shoot beyond the things I have done?
My mail server scores better then my work mail server which doesn’t land in the spambox.
Results from http://isnotspam.com
Results from MXtoolbox mail server test:
SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch OK - 18.104.22.168 resolves to mail.myserver.io SMTP Valid Hostname OK - Reverse DNS is a valid Hostname SMTP Banner Check OK - Reverse DNS matches SMTP Banner SMTP TLS OK - Supports TLS. SMTP Connection Time 1.125 seconds - Good on Connection time SMTP Open Relay OK - Not an open relay. SMTP Transaction Time 3.641 seconds - Good on Transaction Time
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.