Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Are droplet charges applied per hour, day, week or month?
I enjoyed using DigitalOcean so much while I had the free $50 from GitHub student, now I plan to use the services again as a normal customer.
I wanted to use a droplet to host a gamer server, however, I’m still not sure how much RAM or CPU does it need so my plan was to:
1) Create a basic regular intel with 2 CPU/ 4GB RAM
2) See how the resource usage behaves for a day
3) Take down the droplet and create a basic premium intel with the required resources that it will actually use
Hence my big question is how does DigitalOcean make the charges? (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly)
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×