Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Questions abouts "Write for DOnations" program
I am interested in knowing about the program “Writing for DOnations”.
I understood correctly from the information in the website that for every new tutorial DigitalOcean gives 2 independent and separated payouts?
- One payout for the author of the tutorial valued in $300. So I will receive $300 in my pocket.
- Another payout for a charity of the author’s choice valued in another $300. So this charity will receive another $300 in their pocket.
So, is DigitalOcean giving then $600 in total for every new published tutorial?
Also, I see I can publish in the language of my choise among the ones that are available. I see that Spanish, my language, is available in the list of the tutorials page.
If there is a publication in English for example talking about “Elegant UX in React with Material-UI”, can I just write my own version of publication talking about Material-UI library but totally different from what it is written in the English version and I would get paid for that? So DigitalOcean does consider the uniqueness of a publication regarding not only the topic but also the language (in this case these 2 publications would be different because of the language and because it’s not just a translation)?
Also, even if I write in English version in the publication and talking about Material-UI, maybe I write about different stuff not necessarily of what it is said there in the existing tutorial, so this would be also possible in order to get paid?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×