For Founders by Founders
“We understand, firsthand, what it takes to launch and scale a company. That’s why we’re supporting the next generation of startups in getting their products off the ground.”Ben Uretsky, Co-Founder of DigitalOcean
Grow your startup with our powerful and easy-to-use infrastructure
We designed Hatch to power your startup – giving you the cloud infrastructure you need to grow quickly.
Startups can receive 12 months of infrastructure credit (amount varies by partner organization).
We’re here to help with monthly expert webinars and office hours. Get access to one-on-one meetings with our Product Managers, Solutions Engineers, Developer Advocates, and other experts in their field.
Your tickets get moved up the queue. We support you with 24/7/365 technical support and a 99.99% uptime SLA for all services.
A Community of Builders
Join our vibrant community of startups. We bring together other founders, investors, and influencers to connect online and meet in-person at Hatch events.
“Ease-of-use, pricing, great customer support (I used DO for a personal project previously) and the UI is top notch.”
“Love the flexibility and ease of use, also the simple billing structure. Already using it for a while now, me and my team love it.”
“DigitalOcean’s ease of use has allowed me to spend less time managing my infrastructure and more time working on other aspects of my business, like growing our customer base, developing our product, and finding partners that can help me grow the business as well.”
Join our Partner Network
We’re partnering with select accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces and venture capital funds to build a quality platform for growing young companies. If you’re affiliated with one of our partners, DigitalOcean will provide infrastructure credit for 12 months, along with technical training, mentorship, priority support and an opportunity to connect with other startups, accelerators and investors.Become a Referring Partner
Hatch Storytellers Series
Hear first-hand stories from founders building startups. From creating your MVP, to hiring world-class talent, to failing with grace.Watch on our YouTube channel
The Deep End Podcast by DigitalOcean
Where founders and developers talk to each other about career challenges, the music that inspires them, and how they are scaling their business.Listen in
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Hatch?
- Hatch helps developers create, launch, and scale their startups. This includes a range of perks to get you started, including 12 months of DigitalOcean credit to easily deploy and scale your infrastructure.
- Why is DigitalOcean doing this?
- We want to empower the startup community. We always strive to support and show love to our community. We want it to be easy for you to have access to our resources.
- How do you select Hatch members?
- We partner with accelerators, incubators, VC-backed firms, and all the startups affiliated with them. Applicants must include working website and matching corporate email address, in order to validate your business intent and commitment to accept you into the program.
- How do I know if my accelerator/incubator/VC firm has a relationship with Hatch?
- Please see our portfolio partner list. You can ask your program manager if you have partnership with Hatch.
- I do not see my accelerator listed in the partner section. Can I still apply for the Hatch Program?
- Yes, have your program manager apply to partner.
- What if I have already received credits for my startup?
- This program is for new startups that have not used prior credits with DigitalOcean.
- How do the Hatch credits work?
- You will be given a fixed amount of monthly credits to be used over the 1-year program.
- Can you help migrate my customers from other public clouds to DigitalOcean?
- Yes, we have migration plans, technical assistance, and credits available to make it easy for your clients.
- What happens if I go over the monthly credit limit?
- If you go over the monthly credit limit, you will be charged for the additional usage for that month. If you use over $21,000 worth of services in any given month, DigitalOcean may end your participation in the Hatch program.
- How do I set up my 1:1 consult?
- Our Customer Success team will reach out to you and set up a convenient time.
- Do I need to be a DigitalOcean customer to sign up for Hatch?
- Yes. Please create an account using your corporate email address associated with your company domain before you apply, and input credit card. You can learn more about DO Accounts here.
- Can I transfer my Hatch credits?
- No. The Hatch credits are designed to help you scale your infrastructure and are not transferable. If you do not use the credits, they will be forfeited.
- Are there any other limitations on how I use the Hatch credits?
- Yes. You cannot use the Hatch credits for the mining of cryptocurrency (e.g. bitcoin mining). You can also not use the Hatch credits for programs that consume excessive network capacity, CPU cycles or disk IO. If you do, DigitalOcean may end your participation in the Hatch program. Please review the Hatch Terms of Service.
- What information must a company provide in order to be accepted into Hatch?
- In addition to customer contact information, we require companies have a working, descriptive company website and provide a working company email address associated to that domain in order to be accepted.