Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
General: autoscaling & security
Hi, I am very much new to kubernetes and trialing out the DO managed kubernetes product and have some questions that i need help with - struggling to find clear guides/docs describing the following:
- What is the difference between using
doctl kubernetes cluster node-pool ...(or via the dashboard) to configure autoscaling? Do they have the same effect?
- What confuses me is the kubectl allows for the –cpu-percent parameter which determines when the pods scale up, but it is not clear what controls doctl…
- Is it possible to build & deploy a docker image directly to kubernetes without needing to use a registry such as dockerhub?
- Firewall: firewall was created by default with the cluster, but not much detail on what exactly it is filtering?
- My interpretation of the rules are that it blocks all traffic to the cluster except on ports:
30000-32767is that correct?
Context on my environment:
- Load balancer
- Express Node web api
- one node with two pods
- Managed Postgresdb
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×