Building an Enterprise-Ready eCommerce Site in Under an Hour With DigitalOcean
About the Talk
What’s a simple way to set up and optimize an eCommerce site that’s hosted on DigitalOcean? Let’s explore how to use DigitalOcean and Magento, a free open source eCommerce platform, to build and grow a unique online store from the ground up.
Within 60 minutes, you will be able to take a One-Click Image from DigitalOcean Marketplace, and dramatically enhance it using DigitalOcean’s managed services to build an enterprise-ready eCommerce site.
What You’ll Learn
- How to image and redeploy a Droplet, DigitalOcean’s Linux-based virtual machine (VM)
- How to migrate a database to DigitalOcean DBaaS
- How to use a Load Balancer with multiple Droplets
This Talk is Designed For
- DevOps engineers
- Junior to intermediate sysadmins
- Individuals with a moderate understanding of databases, web servers, and server administration
About the Presenter
Austin Black, Solutions Engineer at DigitalOcean. Austin has a wide variety of technical expertise in software development, information security, and disaster recovery. He loves finding creative solutions to complex problems.