Building an Enterprise-Ready eCommerce Site in Under an Hour With DigitalOcean
Video Coming Soon
This Tech Talk was streamed live on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. The video recording is being processed, and will be posted here after noon ET on Thursday, July 8.
About the Talk
What’s a simple way to set up and optimize an eCommerce site that’s hosted on DigitalOcean? Let’s explore how to use DigitalOcean and Magento, a free open source eCommerce platform, to build and grow a unique online store from the ground up. Within 60 minutes, we take a One-Click Image from DigitalOcean’s Marketplace, and demonstrate how to dramatically enhance it with DigitalOcean’s managed services to build an enterprise-ready eCommerce site.
What You’ll Learn
- How to image and redeploy a Droplet
- How to migrate a database to DigitalOcean DBaaS
- How to use a Load Balancer with multiple Droplets
This Talk is Designed For
- DevOps engineers
- Junior to intermediate sysadmins
- Individuals with a moderate understanding of databases, web servers, and server administration
About the Presenter
Austin Black, Solutions Engineer at DigitalOcean. Austin has a wide variety of technical expertise in software development, information security, and disaster recovery. He loves finding creative solutions to complex problems.