Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
502 error during Wordpress installation on nginx
I am getting a 502 error when trying to access the Wordpress installer (index.php).
My error log says (replaced my domain name with
2018/12/17 21:04:30 [crit] 5239#5239: *29 connect() to unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php7.2-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 126.96.36.199, server: mydomain.com, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php7.2-fpm.sock:", host: "mydomain.com", referrer: "http://mydomain.com"
when I check my server this file does not exist, I have php-fpm but no .sock file
$locate php-fpm /etc/php/7.2/fpm/php-fpm.conf /usr/sbin/php-fpm7.2 /usr/share/doc/php-fpm /usr/share/doc/php-fpm/changelog.gz /usr/share/doc/php-fpm/copyright /usr/share/man/man8/php-fpm7.2.8.gz /var/lib/dpkg/info/php-fpm.list /var/lib/dpkg/info/php-fpm.md5sums
- How do I resolve this 502 error?
- What is the socket file (and do I create it myself or should it be automatically generated?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×