Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
A rights problem with a sudo user
I am setting up my first server and I am running into a rights problem.
I did the following:
- made an SSH key
- selected Ubuntu 15.10
- installed VestaCP as the root user
- created a sudo user and made it impossible to login as root
- Logged in with SFTP as sudo user with PPK key
Now when I go in my Filezilla to the directory /home/admin/web I get the message “permission denied” and I cannot see its contents.
My question is what exactly went wrong and - most importantly - how I can repair it.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×