Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Advice on setup for large WooCommerce website
I want to check that the following is a suitable setup for a large WooCommerce website. Your advice, suggestions and support would be greatly appreciated.
The website has been migrated to WooCommerce from a custom build, so I’m unsure of what infrastructure I’ll need.
The site has 9k+ products, 35k+ users, 90k+ orders and CloudFlare says (the existing site) has 150k+ visitors per month using ~1TB of bandwidth.
At the moment I have a staging site (both codebase & database) on a single $10 droplet but I plan on having the following for production;
- $40 High CPU droplet for codebase
- Volume storage (100gb) attached to this for ~30gb of existing images
- $20 standard droplet for database (600mb+)
My questions are;
- Am I correct thinking the codebase should be on the High CPU droplet?
- Am I being optimistic thinking the $20 droplet will suffice for the database? Should I consider a high memory droplet?
- Is it easy enough to upgrade either of these droplets if the website isn’t performing well on them?
I also would like to migrate the configuration & data (particularly the 30gb of assets volume storage) to the production server. The problem I’m having with this is the existing $10 droplet has a 30gb disk and the High CPU only has 20gb disk, therefore I can’t just launch it from a snapshot.
What’s the best way to go about this?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×