Advice on setup for large WooCommerce website
I want to check that the following is a suitable setup for a large WooCommerce website. Your advice, suggestions and support would be greatly appreciated.
The website has been migrated to WooCommerce from a custom build, so I'm unsure of what infrastructure I'll need.
The site has 9k+ products, 35k+ users, 90k+ orders and CloudFlare says (the existing site) has 150k+ visitors per month using ~1TB of bandwidth.
At the moment I have a staging site (both codebase & database) on a single $10 droplet but I plan on having the following for production;
- $40 High CPU droplet for codebase
- Volume storage (100gb) attached to this for ~30gb of existing images
- $20 standard droplet for database (600mb+)
My questions are;
- Am I correct thinking the codebase should be on the High CPU droplet?
- Am I being optimistic thinking the $20 droplet will suffice for the database? Should I consider a high memory droplet?
- Is it easy enough to upgrade either of these droplets if the website isn't performing well on them?
I also would like to migrate the configuration & data (particularly the 30gb of assets volume storage) to the production server. The problem I'm having with this is the existing $10 droplet has a 30gb disk and the High CPU only has 20gb disk, therefore I can't just launch it from a snapshot.
What's the best way to go about this?