Any detective to help with quest? Virus/worm on Ubuntu. Can not connect :(
I have 512 MB Memory / 20 GB Disk / AMS3 - Ubuntu LAMP on 14.04 droplet.
I have installed Prestashop.
It was working for few months. But now it does not. Now:
- Does not ping from outer world (“Request timeout for icmp_seq 0”.)
- Ic an not ssh to it (“ssh: connect to host 188.166.xx.xx port 22: Operation timed out”)
- I can access it only with native DigitalOcean Droplet Console.
In DigitalOcean Droplet Panel I see:
- CPU usage almost constantly around 13%. (12 aug 2016 — CPU dropped from 14.5% avg flat to 13% avg flat.)
- Public in/outbound: 0.
- Constantly I see writing to disk: 0.6Mb/s At around 17:30 every day I see regular spike to CPU 19%, Disk read 1Mb/s, Disk write 1Mb/s.
If from the DigitalOcean Droplet Console:
- I can not ping www.google.com
- Can not see process list with ps or top — it hangs forever. Until I restart the Droplet.
I have created another Droplet. But from there I can not connect to my first droplet neither:
root@ubuntu-512mb-ams3-01:~# ssh 188.166.xx.xx -v -v -v
OpenSSH_7.2p2 Ubuntu-4ubuntu2.1, OpenSSL 1.0.2g-fips 1 Mar 2016
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 59: Applying options for *
debug2: resolving "188.166.xx.xx" port 22
debug2: ssh_connect_direct: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 188.166.xx.xx port 22.
debug1: connect to address 188.166.xx.xx port 22: No route to host
ssh: connect to host 188.166.xx.xx port 22: No route to host
Same “No route to host” if I go to “First” droplet and try to ssh to the “New” one.
The “First” Droplet Console lags quite a lot comparing to “New” one. So something is running there, but I can not see a process list.
Please help to either restore proper control.
To copy DB data and archived prestashop. (Already did tgz and mysqldump.)
Maybe list me some commands you think might try. I would really appreciate your help, guys!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.