I have my root web directory at /var/www/html/ and following the tutorial, I created a folder with the name Wordpress.
What I actually need is to have at the root directory, my main corporative website which is even in HTML so I just could upload the files and that is. But then, I need to have all my wp sites organized in a directory. I will call this directory secure/
What I would like to do, is configure 1 WP installation with the default plugins that I always use, like W3 supercache, Toast Seo, etc, and then, once I need a new WP installation, I think that I should do this:
- Copy the WP clean template directory installation, into the new one.
- Copy the WP database
- Open the wp-config,php and change the name of the database
- Copy the configuration file in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/, change the server_name and setting web root directory.
Then, I’m not sure if the following commands are correct:
- To duplicate the directory wordpress I will
cp -r wordpress newfoldername
- To copy the database, I don’t know how to performance it.
- To edit the wp-config.php, I will move to the directory name
cd directoryname and edit the file
- To copy the nginx configuration file I don’t know how to do it, and to edit the new copied file I will do it typing
sudo nano /etc/nginx/sites-available/newfile
Am I in the right way? Could someone let me know if the steps are correct and help how to copy/clone the database and copy the nginx configuration file?