Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
API Gateway & Database (Postgresql)
I have a API gateway that is running on top of NGINX(openresty)+php+phpFPM. Based on the current load, I do believe the basic droplet will suffice.
I also need a database (postgresql) that the API gateway will be connecting to.
My question is:
- Will I be able getting static IP for each of the instance?
- The traffic between the API gateway and database count towards the ‘Transfer’ limit?
- Will I be able to combine the 2 instance’s 'Transfer’? let say both instance comes with 1TB 'Transfer’, since there is only outbound/inbound to the internet on the API gateway, will I only get 1TB of 'Transfer’ or 2TB?
- Is there any requirements for 'Managed Database’?
- I’m assuming Digital Ocean will be responsible for loading all the required software? If not, what is the procedure?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×