Hi, we have a web game exported as a static site.
Initially we used
static_sites to deploy it, but for its size we switched to a service, setting up nginx with
br compression to speed up the loading.
Locally the docker image is working fine, the transfer size is halved, but when loaded on App Platform I noticed that all media files and everything labeled as
application/octet-stream ignores totally the header
accept-encoding: gzip, deflate, br returning a non compressed response.
How can we restore the compression? Otherwise for this use-case App Platform is unusable, and we’ll have to choose another way.
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.
Click below to sign up and get $200 of credit to try our products over 60 days!
With static sites, I believe that gzip should automatically be enabled.
You can check that with the following
The response will contain the following headers:
With static sites you would get Cloudflare integration directly with re-configured optimization so for any static sites, you will most likely get a better performance that way rather than running them as an actual service.