Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Are floating IPs a safe choice for my needs?
I’m setting up a droplet that is going to serve many domains. I have to make a choice as to - which IP address should all these domains’ A record point to. So I need a permanent IP that I know I can safely keep forever and of course, the best would be to be able to change the droplet behind that IP address if any problem comes up.
So floating IP sounds like the only choice I have in DO and that is a good solution for me, but I need to know:
- Is there any chance I might lose that floating IP one day?
- Is there a better solution for me?
- What does asking for the fourth floating IP involve? Is it only going to cost some extra money or might this request just be rejected?
- Is it ever going to be possible to make sure that if I mistakenly release a floating IP, I could get it back?
Thanks in advance!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×