Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Are there access to my files from the internet?
I am a new here. I have a question.
- I created Joomla Ubuntu droplet
- I connected to droplet using putty.exe
- I launched MC file manager in order to look at list of folders and files
- in the parent directory I found a number of folders: bin boot dev … … … var
- as I understand files and folders for website are located at var/www/html and access to these files could be organised somehow from the internet....
- The question is: are there any ways to get access to the rest list of files and folders (which are NOT located in var/www/html). I mean, should I protect these files somehow in order to prevent unathorised access to these files?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×