Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Ark: Survival Evolved Game Server Refusing Connections
As the title says:
I set up an Ark: Survival Evolved game server using Ubuntu 16.04. It is refusing to allow connections, even though the server is running and visible by Battlemetrics/ArkServers.net
External tools are showing the ports as closed. The ports are 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020. Netstat shows the Ark server using the UDP port 27015.
Things I’ve tried:
- Double checked the IPTables, UFW, and DigitalOceans web firewall.
- Disabled all of the aforementioned firewalls.
- Rebuilt the server multiple times. Validating successful installs/file downloads.
- Rebuilt the droplet, restarted the droplet, etc.
Anything I’m missing?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×