Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Best way to update droplet from Fedora 23 to 24?
I just created a droplet with Fedora 24 on it. I have three older droplets with Fedora 23 on them.
What is the best way to update the older ones to 24 as well? These are the two approaches I can come up with:
- Create new droplets with F24 on them. Backup the data on the old droplets and move over.
- Run dnf distro upgrade within the F23 droplets and pray that all settings etc. are carried over in the process.
Option (1) is very labor intensive, but I’m afraid that option (2) will result in a suboptimal end result (old and new settings next to each other, possible conflicts).
Any experience/advice on this is highly appreciated!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×