Building a hosted service on top of Digital Ocean
I love Digital Ocean and am thinking about offering a blog service on top of the api.
I've written some simple blog software in Ruby and have already created a snapshot of a fully configured 1GB instance. I've had a few people ask me if they could get it hosted, so I started thinking about building an app that would allow them to set the software up automatically through a nice gui.
I know there's a cap on how many servers you can have, but the general idea would be:
- Create my server account (already done)
- Deploy my app and share the link to people asking for the service
- 'Customers' sign up, put in their CC and I use stripe to bill them
- My Digital Ocean is bill separately on my credit card
- Based on user's service level, they choose a 1GB, 2GB, etc, server.
- My app creates - thru the api - the new server with my image as a baseline
- My app, configures the server (firewall, domain, etc)
- User gets login to that server's blog admin panel and can start going
Is this something Digital Ocean supports? I know I can already do this with Linode, but I prefer Digital Ocean.