Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Can anyone suggest some reading material or a tutorail how to set up a load balancer on cluster and use it with any service?
1)Can we use loadbalancer setup alone as a single entry-point for users and for callbacks from any service ? or does it have to be used with any other?
2) Does the servers pointing to loadbalancer need to be configured to virtual IP so that request from http , or https gets served? or the http/https request can be pointed directly to loadbalancer without a virtual IP as discussed above?
3) The load balancer should be configured for round-robin between the servers to distribute the requests, is it a feature of load balancer ?
4)In order to have full HA, the load balancer should also have HA support, or it becomes a single point of failure? Are they any open source stack available with this feature and can you suggest a few ?
5) When you set up for group of same servers have a Round-Robin DNS do you still need a loadbalancer to serve over http and https?
Please let me know if my questions make sense or suggest an idea and literature to go through.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×