You bring your web app in a
- GitHub repo
- App Platform handles deployments and builds
- DNS, HTTPS, CDN, DDoS Mitigation, Vertical Scaling, Horizontal Scaling, and more.
Can I use a single DigitalOcean Droplet to host multiple wordpress, node.js, and other apps
Currently, I have several WordPress sites hosted with Bluehost and Node.js apps hosted with Heroku. I am also working on some Python development that will eventually need to be hosted. Generally, these sites and apps are very low traffic.
I would like to be able to manage these different sites/apps from a single location, as well as save on hosting costs.
Is this possible with DigitalOcean? Are there other options that you would recommend? Specifically:
- Can a single DigitalOcean droplet host sites/apps with different server-side languages (including full CMS’ like WordPress)?
- If yes, how difficult is this to configure and manage?
- Would this configuration translate to savings on hosting costs?
- Are there solutions other than DigitalOcean that would address this problem more effectively (Bluehost? AWS?) And does anyone have experience doing this with different services and the pros/cons of each?
Thank you for any answers, tips, recommendations, or links to useful resources!!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×