Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
can't ping my droplet from local machine
Hello out there!
I setup a base droplet, with a basic nodejs application, which I could access via ssh and browser.
I then updated the droplet for more RAM to:
2 GB Memory / 1 AMD vCPU / 25 GB Disk / FRA1 - Ubuntu 20.04 (LTS) x64
Since then I can’t access the droplet remotely. I tried the following:
- ping floating IP and ping IPV4
- ssh floating IP and ping IPV4
- access running node application http://FLOATING_IP:PORT via browser they all timeout.
If I try the above directly from the host(droplet) terminal, it works.
PS. I tried powering off/on the droplet and delete/reassigning a floating IP without success.
ufw status is also inactive
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×