Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
can't reach to my domain with 'www'
I’ve added a new DNS domain, which is ’ mydomainname.io ’ without ‘www’, and in this DNS domain, I have made two things
- add a 'A record’, which is : @ , ip address.
- add a 'CName record’, which is : * , mydomainname.io.
when everything is complete, I can go to the mydomainname.io however can’t reach to www.mydomainname.io.
I followed some previously solutions like this one https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/domain-with-and-without-www,
say in the CName record:
Enter Name: www
Enter Hostname: @
but when I did this, the result turned to be
www , mydomainname.io.
and nothing changes afterwards, I still can’t reach to www.mydomainname.io
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×