Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Can't setup DNS in Google Domains
I’ve acquired a domain (fecho.app) in Google Domains and I’ve been trying to link it with a Wordpress project that is running in a Digital Ocean droplet. However, when I access my domain I get the following error:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Before that, I was able to access my webpage through the IP address.
In order to apply the domain I did the following:
- In Google Domains I chose “Use the Google Domains name servers”
- Still on the same page, I added two records in the “Custom resource records” section
With that, I waited 48 hours as recommended by Google with no avail. The IP address redirects to fecho.app which returns connection refused, nslookup command returns the right IP address, I’ve also checked propagation in dnschecker.org, and the firewall doesn’t seem to be the problem. I’m out of ideas to solve this issue… so any help is really appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×