Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Cert-manager dns propagation error
I setup ssl with cert-manager on digitalocean kubernetes. The certs were being issue until I decided to add two subdomains to my ingress rules the already existing ones are about 4.
When I apply the ingress rules, it returns an error saying that the following error
E1208 13:37:06.384727 1 sync.go:184] cert-manager/controller/challenges “msg”=“propagation check failed” “error”=“DNS record for "subdomain.example.io" not yet propagated” “dnsName”=“subdomain.example.io” “resourcekind”=“Challenge” “resourcename”=“example-letsencrypt-certificate-4047343803-758986247-1121119393” “resource_namespace”=“production” “type”=“dns-01”
- I can access the services via the domain names although ssl is not enabled.
- When I remove the two new subdomains, the certs are issued for the previously existing subdomains in the ingress rules
- I accessed the digitalocean droplet via ssh and ran nslookup for the domains and one of them returns the correct dns information while the other returns the error server can’t find api.subdomain.example.io: NXDOMAIN