Command line issues on all new Ubuntu 14.04 droplets
On all of my new Ubuntu 14.04 droplets, I am having pesky terminal issues when ssh'ing in to the droplets.
- cd - no longer tab completes, instead it justs adds a tab.
- can not backspace/ move the cursor back a few characters, instead gives “insert” behavior.
- Can not use the up arrow to show the previous command line entry.
This is happening when I ssh from …
- Windows terminal ( running Console2 from sourceforge )
- Using the out of the box terminal on ubuntu 14.04 installed natively on a differnet machine
- Using windows terminal ( same Console application ) from a different windows PC
- Running ssh from the windows git bash terminal , on a differnet machine.
(there are no shared bash profiles with the above)
Is this a new setting in the shell from the earlier bash shell vulnerability, or something else ?
- create a new ubnut 14.04 droplet
- attempt to ssh
- and try any of the above actions that listed.
Thanks for any help and advise!