Command line issues on all new Ubuntu 14.04 droplets
On all of my new Ubuntu 14.04 droplets, I am having pesky terminal issues when ssh'ing in to the droplets.
- cd - no longer tab completes, instead it justs adds a tab.
- can not backspace/ move the cursor back a few characters, instead gives “insert” behavior.
- Can not use the up arrow to show the previous command line entry.
This is happening when I ssh from …
- Windows terminal ( running Console2 from sourceforge )
- Using the out of the box terminal on ubuntu 14.04 installed natively on a differnet machine
- Using windows terminal ( same Console application ) from a different windows PC
- Running ssh from the windows git bash terminal , on a differnet machine.
(there are no shared bash profiles with the above)
Is this a new setting in the shell from the earlier bash shell vulnerability, or something else ?
- create a new ubnut 14.04 droplet
- attempt to ssh
- and try any of the above actions that listed.
Thanks for any help and advise!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×